Dark & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Inspired by Kitchen Nostalgia's cookie recipe.
Warm cookies just out of the oven and a tall glass of milk was my 'one true pairing' in my chubby childhood days. Although, I would just buy the pre-made cookie dough from the grocery store and bake them. Cookies made from scratch is a whole new story, you'll never want to go back to the store bought cookie dough.
These cookies are delicious! The steps are so easy too -- you just melt your butter and two sugars over heat, add your other wet ingredients then your dry ingredients, then combine!
I used a 1/4 tbsp. cookie scoop and chilled the dough on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator for about 20 min. (this minimizes the spread of the dough when baking).
Dark & White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes 24 cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Remove from the heat, add both sugars and stir until all the clumps have dissolved. Chill the mixture for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Stir in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
3. Add flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and combine.
4. Stir in both white and dark chocolate chips.
5. Use a scoop to make 24 equal size portions. Place on a cookie sheet and chill for at least 20 minutes.
6. Bake the cookies in preheated 325 F (160 C) oven for 12 to 14 minutes.